What a great way to get your veggies AND satisfy your craving for rich food. This soufflé is remade with our favorite cruciferous veggie and less saturated fat.Like & Share
What a great way to get your veggies AND satisfy your craving for rich food. This soufflé is remade with our favorite cruciferous veggie and less saturated fat.
- 1 heads cauliflower
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 green onions
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 2 tbsp. butter substitute
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Steam cauliflower 7-9 minutes until tender; do not overcook.
- Process in food processor until smooth.
- Cut long piece of aluminum foil, fold in half lengthwise, and lightly oil bottom of 1 quart soufflé dish and half of one side of foil (lengthwise).
- Wrap foil around soufflé dish, oil-side facing inward and extending 2-3 inches above the rim of the soufflé dish. Tie with string.
- Whisk egg yolks for 1 minute.
- Add to food processor, along with butter spread, green onions, parsley, cheddar cheese, milk, salt, and pepper. Process until ingredients evenly combined (about 15 sec).
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold into cauliflower mixture.
- Pour into soufflé dish, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, and bake for 55 min or until soufflé is puffed and set.
- Remove foil ring and serve.
Like & Share