Blackberry Lemon Oat Bars
A delicious treat when you’re reaching for a little sweet. Great for kids’ lunches!Like & Share
A delicious treat when you’re reaching for a little sweet. Great for kids’ lunches!
- ¾ cup butter or butter substitute
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- 1½ cups oat flour
- 1½ cups whole grain rolled oats
- 2 tbsp. + 1 tsp. Truvia
- 2¼ tsp. xanthan gum
- 3 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup blackberry preserves (no sugar added)
- Preheat oven to 375° and lightly oil an 8×8 pan.
- Melt the butter substitute and add 1 tsp. of vanilla. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the oat flour, Truvia, xanthan gum, baking powder, lemon zest, and whole oats. Slowly blend the butter/vanilla mixture into the flour mixture.
- Press ⅔ of the flour mixture into the 8×8 pan, being sure to press the mixture slightly higher on the sides of the pan.
- Add the remaining vanilla to the preserves and stir well until smooth.
- Spread the smooth preserves over the pressed oat mixture in the pan, being careful to keep the preserves away from the edge of the pan. (They will burn if they touch the edge of the pan!)
- Gently crumble the remaining ⅓ of the flour mixture over the top of the preserves; some of the preserves will show through.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for 20-30 minutes prior to cutting.
Like & Share