Herbed Chicken with Spring Vegetables
Fresh herbs, spring vegetables, and a light, flavorful sauce served over perfectly sautéed chicken. Quick enough for busy weeknights but elegant enough for entertaining.Like & Share
Fresh herbs, spring vegetables, and a light, flavorful sauce served over perfectly sautéed chicken. Quick enough for busy weeknights but elegant enough for entertaining.
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 5 tsp. rice flour
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts*, pounded thin
- 1 box frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- ¾ cup sugar snap peas, cut into thirds
- 1 cup asparagus tips
- 2 tbsp. parsley
- 2 tbsp. dill
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
*Tofu may be used as a substitute for chicken.
- Whisk ½ cup broth, mustard, and 2 tsp. rice flour in a small bowl until smooth. Set aside. Pound out chicken to even thickness. Add remaining rice flour to sealable bag, place chicken in bag, and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and cook chicken about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate. Keep warm.
- Increase heat to high and add 1 cup chicken broth, along with green onion, sugar snap peas, asparagus, artichoke hearts, salt, and pepper (scraping up any bits of food that may be stuck to pan) for 2 minutes. Stir in the broth mixture and bring to simmer, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook until the snap peas are tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Add vinegar to mixture and stir.
- Return the chicken to the pan, nestling it into the vegetables and simmer until heated through 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in fresh herbs.
Like & Share