Mediterranean Spinach Pie
A light, fresh version of a rich Greek favorite, this Mediterranean classic is reinvented as a nutritious vegetable dish.Like & Share
A light, fresh version of a rich Greek favorite, this Mediterranean classic is reinvented as a nutritious vegetable dish.
- 2 large sweet onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 3 boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 3 tbsp. rice breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 oz feta cheese, cut into ¼” cubes
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 375°. Coat baking dish with a thin coat of olive oil.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until caramelized (10 minutes).
- Drain and squeeze the liquid from spinach. Loosely break apart spinach into a large bowl and stir in the onions, beaten eggs, salt, pepper, rice breadcrumbs, nutmeg, half of the parmesan cheese, feta, and pine nuts.
- Spread the spinach mixture into baking dish. Top with remaining half of parmesan cheese. Bake covered for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Like & Share