Roasted Butternut Squash with Wilted Greens
Tangy, rich blue cheese provide the high notes in this sweet and savory dish loaded with fresh, nutrient-dense greens.Like & Share
Tangy, rich blue cheese provide the high notes in this sweet and savory dish loaded with fresh, nutrient-dense greens.
- 1 butternut squash, cubed
- 1½ tbsp. olive oil
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 2 tbsp. water
- 3 tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. good-quality blue cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400°. Place squash in a medium bowl and drizzle lightly with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Toss to coat and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from oven and transfer squash to cooler bowl to prevent further baking. Set aside.
- Mix blue cheese and lemon juice in small shallow bowl. Use back of spoon to blend cheese and lemon juice into smooth, creamy sauce.
- Heat remaining oil in sauté pan over medium heat. Add sliced shallots and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Add kale, cover, and continue to sauté for an additional minute. Add spinach, 2 tbsp. water, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook for an additional minute. Stir in blue cheese sauce to heat through.
- Remove from heat and stir greens into squash. Mix well, finish with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Like & Share