Spicy Black Bean Cakes with Lime-Spiked Cream Sauce
Looking for that special appetizer, side dish or entrée? Look no further. These bean cakes are perfectly spiced and really come to life with a zesty twist of lime.Like & Share
Looking for that special appetizer, side dish or entrée? Look no further. These bean cakes are perfectly spiced and really come to life with a zesty twist of lime.
Lime-Spiked Cream Sauce:
- ½ cup reduced fat sour cream
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 small fresh jalapeño pepper, minced
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 fresh jalapeño peppers, finely diced
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 14½-oz. cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups grated raw sweet potato
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
Lime-Spiked Cream Sauce
- Mix the sour cream, lime juice, jalapeño, and salt together in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook green onions until softened, about 1 minute. Stir in garlic, jalapeños, and cumin; cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Transfer contents of skillet to a large bowl. Stir in black beans, and mash with a fork. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix in sweet potatoes, egg, and breadcrumbs. Divide into 8 balls, and flatten into patties.
- In the oven, set cooking rack about 4 inches from heat source. Set oven to broil. Lightly grease baking sheet with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Place bean patties on baking sheet, and broil 8 to 10 minutes. Turn cakes over, and broil until crispy, about 3 minutes more. Serve with lime-spiked cream sauce.
Like & Share