Dark Chocolate-Covered Almonds
Almonds and dark chocolate are nutritious, so why not eat them together? Plus, this gluten-free recipe is super easy!Like & Share
Almonds and dark chocolate are nutritious, so why not eat them together? Plus, this gluten-free recipe is super easy!
- 2 4-oz. bars dairy-free, gluten-free dark chocolate
- 2 cups raw almonds
- Sea salt to taste
- Break chocolate bars into small pieces and add to the top/inside of a double boiler.
- Stir with a spoon until the chocolate is smooth.
- Place the bowl of chocolate into a separate bowl that has been filled with ice water and slowly mix with a spoon. When the chocolate begins to thicken (temper), you may remove the bowl of cold water.
- Warm the chocolate again, being careful not to overheat or lose the tempering.
- Place the almonds in a large bowl and then pour ⅓ of the melted chocolate over the almonds. Stir until the chocolate begins to set.
- Using your hands, gently separate clusters – each almond should be separate!
- Pour ½ of the remaining chocolate over the almonds. Mix well until chocolate sets. Add the remaining chocolate and let it set over the almonds. Separate clusters.
- Lightly sprinkle almonds with sea salt and set aside in the fridge until ready to serve.
Like & Share