Stuffed Cabbage Casserole
A delicious, nutritious take on an American classic. The perfect go-to comfort casserole.Like & Share
A delicious, nutritious take on an American classic. The perfect go-to comfort casserole.
- 1 medium head green cabbage, shredded
- 6 slices uncured turkey bacon, chopped (optional)
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1½ cups cooked brown rice blend
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1½ lbs. ground chicken
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Mix crushed tomatoes with water, set aside. Lightly grease a deep 8×8 square pan or deep pie dish. Place 3 cups cabbage on bottom of pan. Cook turkey bacon (if desired) in a large skillet until cooked thoroughly. Set aside.
- In same skillet, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil and sauté onions, rice blend, and black pepper together until onions begin to soften, approximately 3 minutes. Evenly spread rice-onion mixture over cabbage. Top with half of the tomato sauce and sprinkle evenly with green onion and parsley.
- Cook ground chicken in skillet, breaking up any large pieces into smaller sizes. Evenly spread chicken over green onion and parsley. Top with additional 3 cups cabbage followed by turkey bacon (optional) and remaining tomato sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow let stand for 10 minutes to set.
Like & Share