Sweet Potatoes and Spinach
You will love how easy and fast this sweet potato and spinach side dish is. Paleo dieters will love this next to their favorite protein!Like & Share
You will love how easy and fast this sweet potato and spinach side dish is. Paleo dieters will love this next to their favorite protein!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1½ tsp. curry powder
- ½ cup water
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1½ lbs. fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a skillet, heat olive oil and sweet potatoes over medium heat. Allow the potatoes to cook 8-10 minutes or until they begin to soften. Stir frequently to avoid burning.
- Add curry powder and stir until the sweet potatoes are coated. Add the water and onion. Continue cooking for 10 minutes, just until the water evaporates and the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook spinach in several batches over medium heat. (Once the first batch has wilted, add the next batch. Continue until all spinach is cooked.)
- Drain spinach of water and add to the sweet potatoes. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the mixture and gently toss. Add salt and pepper to taste, and gently toss.
Like & Share